There’s no doubt that institutions looking to grow in today’s competitive higher education market face significant challenges. Adult learners have taken their place as the new traditional students, bringing to the classroom a very different set of needs. Technology is changing at break-neck speed. College dropout rates are hovering near 50%. In an environment marked by these modern-day challenges, many institutions are searching for solutions to stay both relevant and competitive. Helix’s Education’s newly published Enrollment Growth Playbook is designed to help institutions rise above these challenges to launch, market and grow online and on-campus programs in a sustainable way. The new how-to guide is available for free download here.
“Ever-increasing access to information, more savvy students, and unprecedented competition have left educators facing enormous enrollment growth challenges— how can they ensure their brand will not only survive, but thrive?” said Matthew Schnittman, president and CEO of Helix Education. “It’s not a guessing game, but rather a series of deliberate choices. Institutions that not only survive, but grow, take an enterprise-level approach to emotionally engage the market, execute data-driven marketing strategies, and tighten their enrollment operations.”
The Enrollment Growth Playbook includes insight from Helix’s academic and brand experts based on decades of industry know-how. It provides a roadmap of critical considerations for growing enrollments at the enterprise level, including:
- Defining Your Goals – Move away from patchwork, tactical goals alone to focus on making improvements that affect the institution as a whole.
- Determining Growth Opportunities – Use the playbook’s competitive analysis and program viability worksheets to understand where you stand today and create a research-driven growth plan.
- Designing Your Marketing Strategy – Determine how to deliver the right message to the right student, on the right channel, at the right time, for the right price, which can make or break the funnel. The playbook’s channel valuation table and marketing budget allocation worksheet help you better assess ROI, effort and costs.
- Streamlining Your Operations – Ensure your enrollment funnel drives more of the right kind of starts through a proactive, persistent, and personalized approach. The playbook’s secret shopper diagnostic allows you to assess your level of customer service.
- Solidifying Your Retention Approach – Gain tips to scale retention support so students who come in the front door don’t walk right out the back.
- Leveraging Technology & Data Intelligence – Know the right questions to ask to assess how well data is integrated and leveraged effectively throughout the student lifecycle.
The decision to provide this information for free came from a desire to help more institutions fulfill their missions of reaching a larger student body. By enabling institutions with the right tools and strategies, Helix hopes to pave an effective path to enrollment growth.