Part one of Three: Response integration and attribution
Staying on top of the trends and happenings with regards to CPL and media is a key priority for us at Datamark. We’ve compiled a three-part series that feature observations which may be key to your future marketing plans as you look to attract the attention of a continually changing group of prospective students.
#1 Happening: Response integration / attribution the digital world.
- Marketing attribution is the practice of determining the role that communication channels play in impacting and influencing the customer journey down the decision funnel.
- 82% of polled companies report using some form of attribution in the last 2 years. 28% report adding in the last 6-months.
- Attribution techniques vary widely:
- Last click is the most common (54%)
- First click and custom weighting by channel score as the 2nd and 3rd most common way to credit the response.
- Time decay model suggests the click closest to the conversion is valued most.
- “Divide equally” attribution model that gives equal credit to all clicks in the conversion funnel.
- Changes to channel investments resulting from attribution (% of marketers who will significantly increase or show some increase in spending) by channel as a result of their optimization efforts:
- Paid Search – +60%
- Online display, SEO, social and mobile – +50% –
- Email – + 46%
- Affiliate – +31%
- TV / Radio – +29%
- Direct Postal Mail – +19%
- Source: 2012 Google Agency/ Corporate Attribution Study
Let us help you evolve your CPL and media strategies to more effectively reach students in a manner in which they not only prefer, but also one that drives results. Contact Scott Jager, Director of Business Development, for more information at email@example.com or 801-639-1657 to learn more about partnering with Datamark.