Welcome to my blog series, Top 10 Emerging Media Trends. The Datamark Media team and I regularly develop a Top 10 list of practices and findings in the education market to share with our industry peers.
Media Trend #3: Social and Display to the Rescue
Social and Display have significantly improved the level of sophistication in effectively reaching education prospects. The following represent three opportunities in these channels that will help education marketers drive additional website traffic and lead volume.
- Facebook historically has offered a self-service display banner purchase model based on limited demographics and geo-targeting. It has been long held that Facebook helps build brand and name recognition, but does little to stimulate click through rates or lead form completion. Facebook, with its broad reach of hundreds of millions of users now licenses access of their huge daily audience to marketers who can effectively segment their messaging based on audience identification tools. Messaging and audience reach can now be micro-targeted or retargeted through a Facebook exchange option, thus being optimized effectively. Early results have looked promising and measureable.
- Display banner buying and management platforms can be utilized to target prospects that have been identified as a school’s primary target audience. Working in partnership with DSPs, Datamark can micro-target unique messages only to those who have shown historical or high probability of interest in our client’s offerings. Targeting can be done in a variety of methods, including:
- Remarketing and retargeting
- Contextual and relevant editorial environments
- Keyword / textual matches
- Video asset reach
- Datamark has investigated and engaged in relationships with media partners who can retarget recipients of our direct mail and remarketing efforts via Display or Facebook banners, merging online and offline lead generation channels. This revolutionary approach can effectively build message delivery repetition to break through the communication clutter and lead to action.