In this final part of our three-part CPL and traditional media series, we outline the importance of video. Videos are coming on the scene and are being used extensively during the evaluation process.
- Recent Google video usage studies suggest that there has been a significant uptick in use of higher education video assets on the web for active education seekers who are researching institutions.
- You Tube: 62%
- Higher education institutional websites: 57%
- 28% watch education videos on college matching sites (EduPortals).
- Source: Compete: U.S. Education Study Q4 2011
- Video viewing offers varying benefits in their research sequence:
- Understand specific features of a school: 72%
- Learn about school’s culture and environment: 66%
- Watch sample lectures: 52%
- Learn about degree / program offering: 48%
- Watch student testimonials: 44%
- Video forms new opinions and perceptions of the institution:
- “Consideration for,” “Awareness of” and “Provides” a valuable degree all increased by at least 83% after viewing.
- “Affinity” and “a school employers respect” and “has a respectable accreditation” all rose by at least 100% following review of video material.
- Source: Brand Perception in Higher Education Study – Released Q2 2012 by Google.
- Relevant videos are a great way to improve organic rank listings as well.
Let us help you evolve your media strategy to more effectively reach students in a manner in which they not only prefer, but also one that drives results. Contact Scott Jager for more information at email@example.com or 801-639-1657 to learn more about partnering with Datamark.