Datamark had the privilege of leading two speaking sessions at the 2013 APSCU Annual Convention in Orlando. For those of you who missed our session or perhaps just want a recap, this is your chance.
During our first session, Tips and Tricks to Help Enrollment Marketers be More Efficient with Less Money, we were joined by two terrific co-presenters, Martin Lind, Director of the Education Vertical at Leads360, and Jeff Greenfield, COO and co-founder at C3 Metrics. Both contributed immensely to the content and shared a great deal of insight with the audience.
Our presentation was chalk full of ideas, data and info-graphics, so I’ll just dive in at a high level for the purposes of this post. Please click here to download the complete presentation.
When you look at a lot of coverage in the private sector college and university space, there seems to be a common theme: Strategic thinking results in success. We see these schools taking advantage of two primary opportunities that make them more efficient, and help them save money:
- Distribute inquiries among reps appropriately, either based on unique skill sets, performance, or other rules.
- Understand workload impact on enrollment and formulate the right relationship between new inquiries assigned and enrollment rate.
- Score inquiries based on demographics, inquiry source and interest level, and design an outreach plan specific to that inquirer’s score.
Opportunity #2: Determine the overall impact of each marketing channel.
- Implement attribution strategies so you understand the results of each source.
- Capture every media touch point and skip over ads not seen and last clicked branded search.
- Split the value of each channel based on the data.
- Divide your media spend by your number of attributed inquiries to determine your attributed cost per inquiry.
We also presented some general enrollment marketing efficiency tips to consider that, again, are designed to save you time and money:
- Move your time consuming, small run print jobs to an online store front.
- Conduct a communication audit of all outbound messaging to reveal any issues.
- Aggressively update your business rules.
- Leverage your house file of unconverted inquiries – it’s a highly untapped resource.
If you have any questions on our APSCU session or the slide deck, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks APSCU for a terrific, inspirational few days!