Mobile search and text messaging are the foundation for building an effective, database driven mobile program. But how you build up from there is as wide-open as the new mobile medium itself. The trick is to figure out what works best for your school when there are no completely proven best practices to pull from yet.
Once you’ve moved beyond the basics, here are eight mobile marketing techniques that forward-thinking organizations are implementing right now—and that schools can begin using to generate more leads, drive more prospects to admissions, and make it easier for interested students to enroll.
- Build a mobile-only site.
- Make events, presentations, and lectures downloadable to mobile devices.
- Create targeted text messaging campaigns.
- Develop branded mobile content.
- Extend branding to include video designed for mobile.
- Empower traditional web site users with Send-to-Phone features.
- Make print and broadcast media mobile and interactive.
- Use multimedia messaging (MMS) to fulfill information requests.