This course will teach educators how to transition their face-to-face teaching styles to a virtual classroom.
About This Course
Estimated Length: 5 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI Credits: 2
CEU Credits: 0.5
Cost: $79 (Multi-seat discounts available)
Who should take this course?
This certification course will be valuable to higher education professionals responsible for the delivery or design of online course content.
What does the course cover?
Even the most experienced teachers often need help transitioning into the world of teaching online. When you don’t meet your students face-to-face, teachers must adjust their tactics and strategies to help them identify struggling students and to ensure students are engaging and learning the material. This course offers a brief survey of the major models, tools, and techniques in teaching online.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss some of the benefits of online learning for students and instructors
- Describe differences between online and face-to-face classroom teaching
- Explain the role of an online instructor
- Assess your own practices as an online instructor
- Discuss effective ways to lead online discussion
- Describe the Flipped Classroom and blended learning models
- Outline ways to introduce collaborative learning (discussion forums, videoconferencing, Question of the Day, group projects, etc.) into an online program
- Discuss key challenges in online learning and how to handle them
- Describe methods for evaluating and assessing online instruction
- Apply your understanding to case studies
A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN
How will I learn?
This is a self-paced course which will take about 2 hours to complete. This online course is mobile friendly, and you will learn via:
- Interactive exercises
- Games and flashcards
- Real-world case studies
- Selected readings
- Note: you will not be required to purchase additional materials to complete this course.
You will also have access to the “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
What will I earn from the course?
After completion of this course, you will have earned 2 HRCI credits and 0.5 CEU credits, and will be awarded with a badge.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of each course in the certificate has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.