This course will provide you with a base understanding of the fundamental concepts of technology in online learning.
About This Course
Estimated Length: 2 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI Credits: 5
CEU Credits: 0.5
Cost: $79 (Multi-seat discounts available)
Who should take this course?
This certification course will be valuable to higher education professionals responsible for the delivery or design of online course content.
What does the course cover?
The technology of online learning is constantly evolving. Not only is the technology of content presentation becoming more complex, but the delivery, integration, grade syncing, and expanding learning management system markets all add to the puzzle.
As a developer of online courses, this course will give you the vocabulary and tools you need to ask the right questions and understand the fundamental concepts of technology in online learning. It reviews the key software and hardware options available, and it covers best practices in using technology.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the significance of technology in enabling online learning
- Define basic information technology (IT) terms and concepts as they apply to creating, delivering, and hosting online learning
- Explain how a learning management system (LMS) functions and how it enables online learning
- Outline the key issues (bandwidth, browser and plug-in compatibility, etc.) involved in delivering online learning over the Internet
- Discuss the use of video in online learning
- Explore the key technology issues in developing and delivering online learning to mobile devices (m-learning)
- Explain the methods used for integrating online learning into learning platforms, including SCORM, LTI, and Tin Can API
- Describe the common IT challenges involved in online learning
- Outline key questions about technology and online learning that organizations should ask
A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN
How will I learn?
This is a self-paced course which will take about 2 hours to complete. This online course is mobile friendly, and you will learn via:
- Interactive exercises
- Games and flashcards
- Real-world case studies
- Selected readings
- Note: you will not be required to purchase additional materials to complete this course.
You will also have access to the “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
What will I earn from the course?
After completion of this course, you will have earned 2 HRCI credits and 0.2 CEU credits, and will be awarded with a badge.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of each course in the certificate has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.